As we known. Some ineffective corporate website may be came from the following
- Develop from legacy technology that not have capability to scale the content suitable with different size of devices. This is Responsive capability. Responsive make the corporate website look and act great on any device—laptop, phone or tablet. Optimized for whatever size and shape of screen, automatically.
- Too much of content and do not focus the point of objective.
- The contents are not realize on the target audience.
- Very complex site. Never organize the content and story.
- Do not have the modern media such as animation, social media linkage etc.
- Do not have enough contact channel for customer.
- Never optimize the search engine optimization (SEO). SEO will improve a site ranks in a search results page is essential for directing more chance of visitor to visit the site.
Tips for make the effective corporate website
- Begin with the end in mind (Habit#2 of The 7 Habits – FranklinCovey) to define outcomes before you act. Define Goals.
- Identified your target audience.
- Define the expectation and activities of the audience.
Preparation, design and content phase
- The concept of your corporate website design should base on expectation of audience, their activities and our goals.
- Confirm the concept design by mock up website. Paper/File base is not effective. We should to prove concept design by the nearly real website. We called mock up website.
- The Content should create by accurate, simple, short, focus to objective concept. Also, show best practices or unique insights on industry topics. Find out what the top priority for your audience is when they visit your website.
- Balance image, animation, link and text. Animation is good but put it carefully.
- Make it easy to navigate. Simplicity - Keep your site as simple as possible.
- Have a call to action. Each page on your website should entice the reader to know or do something – call, sign up for a service, buy a product, increase company image or willing to come back.
- Design idea should make the site responsive/mobile friendly
Develop, testing and publish phase
- Develop website in line with final design. Developer testing, review all content, and link before deliver to key user, user owner of website, for final test.
- Final test each page on all interactive link before published to public.